About this article
In this article, I tell you what an inner cheerleader is and why you should have one. In fact, with a little time and practice, it’s unlikely you’ll find any self-therapy that is as beneficial to you as becoming your own cheerleader.
I also introduce you to my inner cheerleader, yes that’s me in the picture, and you can read the story of Sarah, who struggled with low self-esteem and self-doubt, and how I worked with Sarah to help transform her limiting beliefs and create her inner cheerleader.
Finally, I introduce you to COACHD CLINIC and how Rapid Transformational Therapy™(RTT™) and Hypnotherapy can help you install your cheerleader.
What is an Inner Cheerleader?
An inner cheerleader is a positive and encouraging voice within yourself that supports and motivates you towards achieving your goals and living your best life. It is a mindset that focuses on self-compassion, self-love, and positivity, rather than negativity and self-doubt. Your inner cheerleader is a voice that reminds you to believe in yourself, stay motivated, and focus on your strengths and abilities. It helps you maintain a positive outlook and find the good in every situation, even when things are challenging or difficult.
When you cultivate a strong inner cheerleader, you become better equipped to deal with stress, setbacks, and failures. Rather than giving up or getting discouraged, your inner cheerleader can help you stay focused on your goals and keep you moving forward, especially when things get tough.
Your inner cheerleader is a supportive and empowering voice that helps you recognise your worth and value as a person. It will encourage you to try new things, pursue your passions, and live your life with purpose and intention.
By cultivating a strong inner cheerleader, you can achieve greater success, happiness, and fulfilment in all areas of your life. Your inner cheerleader is kind to you, believes in you, and will help guide you towards the life you truly want and deserve.
Why should you be your own cheerleader?
Having an inner cheerleader can be incredibly beneficial for a good number of reasons. I often draw on the power of my inner cheerleader. After all, who (or what) could be better than my own personally designed ‘super-fan’ to keep me motivated, make me feel great about myself, and help me out of the occasional emotional pickle?
In this article, I’m going to cover how you go about creating your own inner cheerleader, what it might look and sound like, and what it most definitely should not look and sound like. But first I’m going to share 11 benefits of being your own cheerleader and how it can help you live the life you want.
1. Self-confidence: Your inner cheerleader can help boost your self-confidence and self-esteem. By constantly reminding you of your strengths and abilities, your inner cheerleader helps you overcome self-doubt and help you feel more confident in yourself and your abilities.
2. Positive self-talk: An inner cheerleader can help you develop positive self-talk. By focusing on positive thoughts and affirmations, you can create a more positive mindset and improve your overall well-being.
3. Building resilience: As well as helping you overcome setbacks, your inner cheerleader can also help you build greater resilience. By reminding you of your strengths and encouraging you to stay positive and focused, your inner cheerleader can help you bounce back more quickly from challenges and setbacks.
4. Achieving goals: An inner cheerleader can help you stay focused on your goals and provide you with the motivation and encouragement you need to keep going, even when things get tough. Your inner cheerleader can remind you of your strengths and encourage you to keep pushing forward, stay on track and reach your full potential.
5. Building stronger relationships: An inner cheerleader can also help you build stronger and more positive relationships with others. When you’re more confident and positive, you’re more likely to attract positive people into your life, and you’re better equipped to handle conflicts and challenges that may arise in your relationships.
6. Embracing challenges: Your inner cheerleader can help you embrace challenges and view them as opportunities for growth and learning. Instead of feeling intimidated or overwhelmed by challenges, your inner cheerleader can remind you that setbacks are a natural part of the learning process and that you can learn from them and grow stronger.
7. Inspiring others: Having an inner cheerleader can also inspire others around you. When you’re confident, positive, and resilient, you’re more likely to inspire others to be the same way. By being a positive role model for those around you, you can help spread positivity and encouragement to others and make a positive impact on the world.
8. Improving decision-making: An inner cheerleader can also help you make better decisions. When you’re feeling confident and positive, you’re better equipped to make decisions that are in alignment with your values and goals. Your inner cheerleader can help you trust your instincts and make decisions that are in your best interest.
9. Celebrating achievements: Your inner cheerleader can also help you celebrate your achievements, no matter how small. By acknowledging your progress and celebrating your successes, you can build momentum and continue to achieve even greater things.
10. Cultivating a growth mindset: Having an inner cheerleader can help you cultivate a growth mindset. By encouraging you to explore new ideas and try new things, your inner cheerleader can help you enhance your creativity and come up with new and innovative solutions to problems. With a willingness to learn and grow, you’re more likely to achieve success in all areas of your life.
11. Improving health: Your inner cheerleader can also have a positive impact on your physical and mental health. By focusing on positive thoughts and affirmations, you can reduce negative self-talk and replace it with more positive and empowering messages. This can help reduce stress and anxiety, improve your mood, promote greater calm and relaxation, and enhance your overall well-being.
You can see from the benefits listed above that having an inner cheerleader is a valuable tool for achieving success, building self-confidence, and improving your overall well-being. By cultivating a positive inner voice and learning to support yourself, you can overcome challenges, achieve your goals, and live a happier and more fulfilling life.
What should an Inner Cheerleader NOT be?
To help you cultivate your inner cheerleader into your greatest, and most trusted fan, it’s important to understand what an inner cheerleader should not be. Here are a few things that an inner cheerleader should not look, sound, or behave like:
A voice of perfectionism: An inner cheerleader is not a voice that demands perfectionism or unrealistic standards from you. Instead, it should be a voice that encourages self-acceptance and self-compassion.
A voice that ignores reality: An inner cheerleader should not be a voice that ignores or denies reality. It should be a voice that acknowledges challenges and difficulties while encouraging you to persevere and find solutions.
A voice that compares you to others: An inner cheerleader is not a voice that compares you to others or makes you feel inadequate. Instead, it should be a voice that focuses on your unique strengths and abilities.
A voice that promotes negativity: An inner cheerleader is not a voice that promotes negativity, self-doubt, or self-criticism. Instead, it should be a voice that promotes positivity, self-love, and self-compassion.
A voice that promotes self-sabotage: An inner cheerleader is not a voice that promotes self-sabotaging behaviours, such as procrastination, avoidance, or self-destructive behaviours. Instead, it should be a voice encouraging you to take positive actions and progress towards your goals.
A voice that dismisses your feelings: An inner cheerleader is not a voice that dismisses your feelings or tells you that you shouldn’t feel a certain way. Instead, it should be a voice that validates your emotions and helps you find healthy ways to cope with them.
A voice that promotes unhealthy beliefs: An inner cheerleader is not a voice that promotes unhealthy beliefs, such as negative self-image, self-limiting beliefs, or a lack of self-worth. Instead, it should be a voice that promotes positive and empowering beliefs, such as self-love, self-acceptance, and self-belief.
An inner cheerleader is certainly not a voice promoting unhealthy attitudes or behaviours. Rather, it is a positive and empowering voice that helps you cultivate self-confidence, motivation, and resilience. By understanding what an inner cheerleader is not, you can cultivate a healthy and supportive inner voice that helps you achieve your goals and live your best life.
What should an inner cheerleader look like?
An inner cheerleader can look different for everyone, but generally, it should be a positive and encouraging voice within yourself that supports and motivates you towards achieving your goals and living your best life. So long as your inner cheerleader is capable of motivating, exhilarating, exciting, celebrating, reassuring, comforting, and empowering you, it can take any form you desire. If like me, you may want to dress things up a bit – read on.
Firstly, let me tell you that the celebratory-looking guy in the picture that accompanies this article is me. The imaginary people I’m surrounded by, as well as the imaginary environment I’m in, the stadium etc, are all part of my inner cheerleader. Yep, I’m a bit of a showman, and true to form I found that my most effective inner cheerleader was the sum of several parts, a bit of fanfare if you like. In my case, this scene is where I go and dialogue with myself and get back on track
My cheerleader place makes me feel celebrated, worthy, accomplished, supported, resilient, confident, loved, lovable, and more. Whenever I need to draw upon the support and guidance of my inner cheerleader, I simply imagine myself emerging onto the field as the crowd goes wild, and in the moments that follow I feel great again, as any doubt and worry are expelled from my mind and body, and I am filled with a sense of what I can only describe as ‘awesomeness’, no matter the challenges I’m facing. Wow, I sure do love my cheerleader place.
Your inner cheerleader might look something like mine, but for the most part, it’s going to be as unique as you. As I mentioned earlier, an inner cheerleader can be as simple as repeating the positive affirmations that help you feel better about yourself. Alternatively, your inner cheerleader can be a combination of things, including people, places, and environments. Time spent with your inner cheerleader should be something you just love to do. For example, you might choose to model your inner cheerleader on an inspirational character, a real-life person (past or present), or a childhood teddy bear – it’s your cheerleader so you get to decide. Likely, your inner cheerleader will suit your natural personality.
What should an inner cheerleader sound like?
The sound of your inner cheerleader will depend on your own unique personality and communication style. However, in general, an inner cheerleader should sound positive, motivating, and supportive. Here are some examples of what your inner cheerleader might sound like:
• “You’ve got this! Keep going, one step at a time.”
• “Believe in yourself and your abilities. You are capable of achieving great things.”
• “Don’t let fear hold you back. Take a deep breath and go for it.”
• “Remember all the times you’ve succeeded in the past. You can do it again.”
• “It’s okay to make mistakes. Learn from them and keep moving forward.”
• “You are strong, resilient, and capable of overcoming any challenge.”
• “Celebrate your progress and all the small wins along the way.”
• “Be proud of yourself for showing up and giving it your best effort.”
• “You are worthy of success and happiness. Keep striving for your goals.”
Your inner cheerleader should also sound compassionate and understanding when you experience setbacks or failures. Here are some good examples of that:
• “It’s okay to feel disappointed. Take some time to regroup and come back stronger.”
• “Remember that setbacks are a normal part of the journey. Keep pushing forward.”
• “Don’t be too hard on yourself. You’re doing the best you can.”
• “Think of this as a learning opportunity. What can you do differently next time?”
• “Focus on the progress you’ve made so far. You’re moving in the right direction.”
• “Take care of yourself and prioritise self-care. You deserve it.”
The most important thing is that your inner cheerleader sounds like a positive and encouraging voice that lifts you up and helps you stay motivated towards your goals. Listen to your inner cheerleader and let it guide you towards greater success, happiness, and fulfilment in all areas of your life.
Read Sarah's story...
Sarah asked me to help her with these issues, so we worked together on creating her inner cheerleader – a positive and empowering voice that could help her feel more confident and motivated.
The first step we took was to identify the negative self-talk that was holding Sarah back. She noticed that whenever she faced a challenge, her inner voice would tell her that she wasn’t good enough or that she was going to fail. She realised that this voice was unhelpful and was only making her feel worse.
I then conducted a session of Rapid Transformational Therapy™(RTT™) and Hypnotherapy with Sarah to identify the cause of her negative self-talk and reframe and replace her old beliefs with positive new ones. Together we created a list of affirmations that Sarah could repeat to herself whenever she felt self-doubt or anxiety. Some of Sarah’s affirmations included:
• “I am capable and competent.”
• “I have everything I need to succeed.”
• “I am worthy of love and respect.”
• “I am strong and resilient.”
• “I am proud of who I am and what I have accomplished.”
Since the mind learns through repetition, I produced a powerful 20-minute recording that Sarah would play back to herself during self-hypnosis at least once a day, for a minimum of 21 days. Sarah was aware of self-hypnosis since we had already used this technique during our session together. The recording helped Sarah install her inner cheerleader and make a habit of using her positive affirmations, especially when she felt anxious or insecure. The recording had a profound effect on Sarah, it helped her feel more confident, resilient, and motivated, and to truly believe in herself.
Finally, I helped Sarah to practice self-compassion and forgiveness. She realised that it was okay to make mistakes and that she didn’t have to be perfect to be worthy of love and respect. Whenever she faced a setback or made a mistake, she reminded herself that it was a normal part of the learning process and that she could learn from it and move on.
Here are some specific ways that Sarah’s inner cheerleader changed her life:
Increased Confidence: Sarah’s inner cheerleader helped her feel more confident in herself and her abilities. She no longer felt weighed down by self-doubt and insecurity, and instead, felt empowered and motivated to pursue her goals and dreams.
Improved Well-being: By focusing on positive affirmations and self-compassion, Sarah’s inner cheerleader helped improve her overall well-being. She felt less anxious and stressed, and more optimistic and hopeful about the future.
Increased Resilience: Sarah’s inner cheerleader helped her develop a more resilient mindset. She no longer saw setbacks as failures, but rather as opportunities to learn and grow. She was better able to bounce back from adversity and persevere in the face of challenges.
Improved Relationships: By cultivating a positive and supportive inner voice, Sarah was able to improve her relationships with others. She was more confident in herself and her abilities, which made her more open and receptive to forming new connections with others.
Increased Success: Ultimately, Sarah’s inner cheerleader helped her achieve greater success in her personal and professional life. By believing in herself and her abilities, she was able to pursue her goals with greater confidence and determination and achieve more than she ever thought possible.
How can Hypnotherapy help you find your inner cheerleader?
Hypnotherapy can help you find your inner cheerleader, but it’s important to work with a trained therapist like myself who can guide you through this process and provide additional support as needed.
In some cases, hypnotherapy should only be used as part of a more comprehensive treatment plan, such as Rapid Transformational Therapy™ (RTT™) and Hypnotherapy. As a specialist in Rapid Transformational Therapy™(RTT™) and Hypnotherapy, I can help you access your subconscious mind and identify and address the root cause of the issues and conditions that are holding you back. I use specialised techniques, including regression, suggestions, and recordings to help you install powerful, positive new beliefs and behaviours, and find your inner cheerleader.
Some potential benefits of hypnotherapy for helping people find their inner cheerleader are:
Addressing underlying emotional issues: Hypnotherapy can help people identify and address underlying emotional issues that may be contributing to their symptoms, such as past trauma or unresolved conflicts.
Identifying negative self-talk: During a hypnotherapy session, I can help you identify any negative self-talk patterns that are holding you back. This may include negative beliefs about yourself, your abilities, or your prospects in life.
Replacing negative dialogue: Once negative self-talk patterns have been identified, I can help you rewrite and replace the old dialogue with positive affirmations and statements. These statements can help you create a more empowering and positive inner voice.
Cultivating self-compassion: Hypnotherapy can also help you cultivate self-compassion, which is an important aspect of creating an inner cheerleader. I can guide you through the exercises that can help you develop a more compassionate and forgiving attitude toward yourself.
Visualisation: During a hypnotherapy session, I may also guide you through visualisations that help you envision yourself as a confident and empowered individual. These visualisations can help reinforce positive affirmations and cultivate a stronger sense of self-confidence.
Reprogramming the subconscious mind: Hypnotherapy can help reprogram the subconscious mind, which can be particularly helpful in creating a new, positive inner voice. By accessing the subconscious mind, I can help you break old patterns of negative self-talk and replace them with positive, empowering beliefs.
Hypnotherapy can be a powerful tool for creating an inner cheerleader. By identifying negative self-talk, rewriting negative scripts, cultivating self-compassion, and visualising a more positive future, you can create a stronger and more supportive inner voice that can help you achieve your goals and live your best life.
About Rapid Transformational Therapy™(RTT™) and Hypnotherapy
RTT™ is a complete solution-based treatment, offering fast effective results by combining the most effective principles of Hypnotherapy, Psychotherapy, NLP, CBT, and Neuroscience. Click this link to watch my short video on Rapid Transformational Therapy™ (RTT™).
RTT™ helps people get to the root cause of their emotional, physical, or cognitive issues. When treating clients for issues, I believe it is crucial to help them change their way of thinking, and any unhelpful beliefs and behaviour, in order for them to increase their chances of success and achieve lasting change.
COACHD hypnotherapy works with the subconscious mind, helping people deal with their past trauma and transforming any negative thoughts and beliefs into positive, empowering new ones. Using Rapid Transformational Therapy™(RTT™) and Hypnotherapy, my clients can transform their issues, allowing them to live the life they deserve. I believe my therapy is the most powerful and effective treatment available for people suffering from many of the issues and conditions that hold them back in their lives. Read more about Rapid Transformational Therapy™(RTT™).
Find your inner cheerleader and become unstoppable!
As a skilled therapist, I can help you master your mind to put an end to your issues so that you can live the life you desire without the time, frustration, and cost of spending years on a therapist’s couch. Contact me today for dramatic life-changing results that will empower you to wellness, often in as little as 1 to 3 sessions. And I offer an unprecedented 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE on your treatment!